6.01.2009

Chanson du Jour

Well, much to the chagrin of nearly everybody, I am back and ready for action after a two week hiatus. It was a nice relief and it was interesting to see what other people would do with a song of the day, but it feels good to be back. But, it seems that my songs as of late have gotten a little too strange and obscure for people's tastes, so let's ease back into this with a little contest this week. This will prevent me from picking off the wall stuff, like I am naturally inclined to do.

Here is the game. I will pick a song that was performed by an actor (or actors) in a movie. Not a song that was on the movie's soundtrack, mind you, but rather a popular song (in other words not made for the movie like a musical) that was in some way performed by the actors themselves, on screen, part of the script, part of the movie. I hope that is clear. Your job is to guess the movie in which this song is performed by an actor. If you are feeling very jazzy, please tell us the actor, scene, background, whatever info you would like to impress us with. Got it? Let's start with an easy one. I'll even give you a hint unless you don't think you need one...

Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell


Hint: Football

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope I win the prize. I will guess "Remember the titans"

Kevin and Camille Jensen said...

Well played unknown one. 1 for 1.

phill said...

Kevin- even I knew that one...that must tell you that its too easy...Remember the Titans, but good flick.

the hadzic clan said...

don't watch sports-themed flicks/ANYTHING. have a feeling i'm not gonna do well this go 'round.

Kevin and Camille Jensen said...

Nice work to you too Phill. Don't worry liberal menace, most of these movies are not sports themed