6.12.2009

Chanson du Jour

So I may lose some of you with today's song but here goes nothin'. You may or may not realize that I am a closet hip hop/r & b fan. I love these songs for their beat and for the amount of base they employ. I am quite picky in what I like however - nothing that was released during the past 7 years and nothing raunchy. Fortunately or unfortunately, this eliminates quite a bit of the genre. Enter "Air Force Ones" by Nelly. It's perfect! It has all the elements I like without any of the ones I don't...a rap song about tennis shoes! I hope you can at least enjoy a bit of the beat - turn up the speakers! Those who knew me in college also know I managed to invent an awesome dance to the chorus and was even able to get all 5 roommates to join in with me whenever we heard this song. I'll show you sometime if you are lucky! A shoutout goes to my wonderful spouse for finding the video for me - thank you honey!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to see the dance routine you do in your air force ones. As for me and c............rap music, about twice a year to actually hear it is all I can stand. So wait 6 months before you post another one just for the sake of this old heart.