6.18.2009

Chanson du Jour

I thought I would use today's song of the day as a dedication to all the one-hit-wonders by posting this song by Dexter Freebish who had this one hit song 8 or 9 years ago called "Leaving Town". Good song but they never made any others worth listening to. Just like Eagle-Eye Cherry ("Save Tonight"), Shawn Mullins ("Lullaby"), and so many others. Oh, and please disregard the booty shaking and lightly dressed girls they seem to show every once and a while. Its is not a lot but worth metioning that I didn't care for it.

4 comments:

Kevin and Camille Jensen said...

Phill, Phill, Phill. What are you trying to do to me? I have never heard of this band/dude. I have never heard of this song. I have never heard this song (maybe I was on my mission - '00 to '02?). But, I think these guys did us all a favor by "leaving town" and never making us listen to their garbage again. This video was much more enjoyable on mute, while I was in a different room. This was a miss for me.

Kevin and Camille Jensen said...

Phill - don't think the comment above came from both Jensens (even though my name is attached). This song took me back to high school (in a good way). I hadn't heard/thought of it for years and years! Thank you for the walk down memory lane!

Phill said...

Kevin I figured that this would be a miss for you but I didn't expect you not to know of or hear of them. You know and have heard of everybody. I'm glad that at least Cami liked it.

Anonymous said...

Like eating a bowl of oatmeal. You know it won't hurt you but it's not very exciting.