6.08.2009

Cami's in Da House - Chanson du Jour

There are a few things that people don't know about my wife. Everyone who knows us knows that she is the pretty one and the smart one. But, if you don't really know us, there are a couple things that you would not know, unless you are just intuitive or hate me. 1) She is the funny one in the couple. She makes me laugh all the stinking time. 2) She is 10x the music lover than I could ever dream to be. She loves all kinds of music with a few exceptions (read: all of my crap on the Ipod). She knows everything about all kinds of music and is willing to give anything a chance. She is just awesome.

So, this week we are going to be favored with her selections. I may gag more often than sing along, but maybe you will like these ditties more than I do. Just kidding. I like a lot of her music, except for her rap and country. So, let's begin a week of Camille. Here is her note:

Over the next six days we are going to explore the vast expanse that is Camille Jensen's musical taste. Hang on tight because you are most certainly in for a wild ride.

We will start with my favorite "butt rock" music, as the mister most affectionately calls it. But don't get me wrong - I don't care for all of this genre, just mainly the love ballads. And because I am not good at narrowing things down, I will provide you with several selections. They "rock" my socks off and are just so fun to sing along with!

Extreme - "More than Words"



This one's for Jenny (it is one of her most favorite duets): Bryan Adams and Barbara Streisand with "I've Finally Found Someone"



When I watch this next one I imagine Kevin singing to me with Molly running around beside him. Bryan Adams with "Please Forgive Me"



This next one isn't really "butt rock" per se but I think it fits in just fine (and I LOVE to sing along with it). Edwin McCain with "I'll Be"



And the culmination..."All for Love" by Bryan Adams, Rod Stewart, and Sting



Whew! If you made it through all those without expressing your undying affection to your significant other I will be impressed. (Actually, I will be impressed if you even watched all those videos...) Here's to indecisiveness!

4 comments:

Kevin and Camille Jensen said...

A buttload of butt rock. There was enough cheese in this post to go with all the wine in France. Wow. But, sadly, these songs are definitely to be filed in the category "songs you like but don't want anyone else to know you like them because they might get the wrong idea about you, beat you up, or otherwise destroy your reputation thus ruining your life at least through high school and possibly beyond which could potentially ruin your capability of acquiring gainful employment and providing for your family forcing you to die penniless, but leaving your family without the hassle of fighting over your inheritance, thus keeping family peace for generations to come...all because you were poor because you liked these songs". Kind of a specific category and these are the only songs in it (besides Sarah McLachlan for dudes). When I was listening to this on the bus to basketball games and my teammates would ask me what I was listening to, I would always say "Dr. Dre's The Chronic" so I didn't end up a penniless dead man

Chelsea said...

I just bought more than words on itunes... greatest. song. ever.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't get two of the videos to play, but I got the jist of "butt rock". Never heard that term before. I presume you could put Lady in Red in that same category. I liked them, so apparently I am on my way to being penniless and beat up.

Now we just need to work on Cami's ability to narrow her selections down for chason du jour or we will be here all week listening to many chasons.

the hadzic clan said...

isn't it a woman's prerogitive to NOT make up her mind? that is, unless she wants to.

and as for the "die penniless" category, the anti-blogger was cast into that lot when he posted "killing me softly".

keep up the good work, cami.