6.10.2009

Chanson du Jour

Hola! Today we are going to head back a few decades to do some of my favorite bands' love songs from the 60s and 70s.

We will start with one of my favorite Eagles songs - "Best of My Love." I grew to love The Eagles when I borrowed their greatest hits cd from my dad in high school. This song immediately made it to my favorites list, along with Desperado, Hotel California, and Witchy Woman, to name a few. Pardon the long intro and the black screen at the beginning. Keep watching - it will show up.



Next, we go to the Beatles, one of my all-time favorite groups. I had a small obsession with this band in the seventh grade and haven't been the same ever since. I had Beatles albums, books, and movies and could still tell you a bunch of useless Beatles trivia to this day! Enjoy "And I Love Her" by The Beatles.



The reason I like this next song should be totally obvious to those who have seen me. I'm pretty sure I own every cover of this song that has ever been done. Enjoy "Brown Eyed Girl" by VanMorrison.



Next we go to another of my favorite bands - CCR. I love how feel-good their music is - and I love to sing along to it! Although I have never viewed The Big Lebowski, I understand that this band plays a role in it and heaven knows I have heard the parts regarding CCR quoted enough by my sweet spouse. I bought this 45 for my dad's jukebox to help make his collection complete. Enjoy the full version of "Susie Q" by Creedence Clearwater Revival (sorry it is just a photo montage - I couldn't find a video of the original band members performing this song - although it does go all fun and psychedelic at the end!)



Last but not least, we have my favorite James Taylor song - "Something in the Way She Moves." I went to his concert in the summer of 2003 with my mom and it was awesome. I LOVE this song and get emotional every time I hear it. Enjoy.



Well, thanks for watching my videos. I'm afraid I didn't do a great job narrowing down yet again but I hope you enjoyed them anyway. Get ready for another wild ride tomorrow!

3 comments:

the hadzic clan said...

i don't care what anyone says, the 70's RULE!

Anonymous said...

100% pure fantastical greatness on all of your selections. We could include 15 additonal songs from any of those artists in a greatest ever category. Nice rebound from the opera beating.

Kevin and Camille Jensen said...

Almost 100% on today's picks. I don't have to go into more detail