6.29.2009

Chanson du Jour

Alright. As promised, as a proper tribute to the passing of Michael Jackson, we are going to kick off Radiohead week today. Here is how this is going to work. We are going to devote one day to each of Radiohead's albums. The more savvy of you are right now wondering "Well, aren't there 7 Radiohead albums?" to which I would have to say, you are correct. I only have 6 days. We are going to skip Pablo Honey. If you want to watch the video for the best song off of Pablo Honey, here is the video for Creep.


But, like any good Radiohead fan, we are going to look past Pablo Honey and move on to the good stuff. I will play my favorite songs off each of the albums for you. This means that there might be multiple songs each day. What a special treat! I will tell you when I have an exciting video for you to watch, but most of the videos are going to be live recordings and will have nothing exciting. So, if you feel like it, start the video playing, open a new web browser and just use the unbelievable sounds of Radiohead as background music to whatever it is you need to do on the internet. I hope you enjoy the week as much as I will. I have been on a massive Radiohead kick lately, and I think AK is going to be a big fan.

Radiohead's second album is called The Bends. It is a great album with many great songs. Here is my favorite song off that album.

Fake Plastic Trees


We'll do one more song today. This video is an official music video and I would suggest watching. Some of the subtitles are PG-Rated, but y'all can handle it. We are also going to have a contest with this video. The person who gives the best explanation of the meaning of this video wins a special prize. Good luck.

Just

Well, that will do it for The Bends. With honorable mention going to Planet Telex and Bullet Proof...I Wish I Was and all the rest of the songs on this amazing album.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I may end up having lots to say this week or I just may go into a cave and come back later. But I did listen to these first two songs all the way through so I feel I can comment.

First, I didn't know Martin Short was the lead singer for radiohead. I like them a little better just for that reason.
Second, I put their music on in the background and went about doing what I wanted to do, as you suggested, and found myself sprinkling shards of glass in my eyes for some reason. The urge stopped towards the end of the song.
Third, my guess for deep and profound meaning of Just is this(the obvious joke is that they dropped and couldn't get up because they had to listen to another radiohead song, but I won't stoop that low for humor)they were laying there "just because" they could.
and lastly, is it saturday yet?

Kevin and Camille Jensen said...

Glad you were able to make it through. It only gets harder from here, though.

jenfra said...

One of my favorite Radiohead songs! I love Fake Plastic Trees....I am super excited this week. I am mostly familiar with the albums Kid A and Ok Computer....so I am excited to hear selections that I probably know but just didn't know what albums....psyched for this week.

Kevin and Camille Jensen said...

I hope I don't disappoint, jenfra.