6.11.2009

Chanson du Jour

Well, I've narrowed it down...I'll explain how later. Today's songs are "In the Mood" by the Glenn Miler Orchestra and "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy" by the Andrews Sisters. Big band holds a very soft spot in my heart. My grandpa first introduced me to it when I was very little with these two songs. I would make up dances to the songs in my grandparents' living room. I've been in love ever since. Our high school band has a Glenn Miller night every November where there is dinner and dancing to big band music. I've dragged the mister along a few times (ask him about it sometime). In summary, I HEART BIG BAND! Enjoy!



3 comments:

Kevin and Camille Jensen said...

Nice ditties. I feel like putting suspenders on and kicking my legs

Anonymous said...

Big Band is a winner.

the hadzic clan said...

these songs always put a smile on my face.