11.01.2008

Tryin' To Be Hip

In an effort to be cooler, Cami and I partook of a little hip hop music today. (All the cool people listen to hip hop music, right? At least that is what I am told). Anyways, we were blessed to hear a song that instructed the listener, in this case us, to "do da stanky leg".

To me, that sounded like some sort of incurable infection of the leg, or at least something that I would not like to be involved in. But, after a little research, I learned that "da stanky leg" is indeed a dance. So, I learned it (please refer to previous posts if my affinity for dancing has just shocked you).

Basically, "da stanky leg" looks like the performer is doing three things at once:

1) Snow skiing (probably just the bunny hill - that is all I can do anyway)
2) Doing calisthenics (maybe led by Kathy Smith or Suzanne Somers - pretty light stuff)
3) Mixing brownie batter (with a fork, not beaters)

If you do these three things at the same time, you are doing "da stanky leg". Way to go everyone. Now, let's go hit the clubs!

1 comment:

The Tait Family said...

where the heck did you hear this? bigger question: can you post a video of the "newer", "cooler", you and Cami doing this move?