11.28.2008

Another Great Joke

I love to read. Not books. They are way too long. I mentally check out after about 3 minutes so anything that cannot be read in that amount of time is right out. Magazines, news stories, nonfiction (even some nonfiction books), sports stories, etc are all fair game. As part of this love of reading (briefly) I am a voracious reader of 2 of the top 3 publications in the world today: The New England Journal of Medicine and The Reader's Digest. Note: Highlights magazine is the 3rd top publication, but I find it juvenile and simple. But, I can never find all the differences between the two pictures. It drives me crazy.

Here is a joke I read in this month's Reader's Digest. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.


A mobster discovers that his deaf accountant has cheated him out of ten million bucks. He confronts him, bringing along an interpreter. "Ask him where the money is," the mobster says.

The interpreter does so and the accountant signs back, "What are you talking about?"

The interpreter tells the godfather, "He says he doesn't know what you're talking about."

The mobster puts a pistol to the bookkeeper's head. "Ask him again!"

The interpreter signs, "He'll kill you if you don't tell him!"

"Okay, okay!" the bookkeeper signs back. "The money is buried behind the shed in my cousin Enzo's backyard!"

"What'd he say?" asks the don.

"He says you don't have the guts to pull the trigger."

No comments: