11.04.2008

My Civic Duty


Well, today is election day. I feel that this is the most important election of my lifetime (well, both of them actually), so I feel it is important for me to divulge who I voted for and why. Hopefully, I can persuade some of you undecideds out there to vote my way.

I have studied the issues, listened to conservative and liberal points of view, listened to Obama and McCain and their running mates and had to make a big decision. So, when I hit the booth today, I was able to cast a well-informed, thought out vote.

I voted for Ray Lewis, because we need a strong national defense. I also voted for Kobe Bryant because sometimes a good offense is the best defense. I am covered either way.

I voted for Einstein because education is so important to me. I also feel that music education is important, so I voted for Stephen Malkmus and Craig Jessup. I voted for Bill Gates so he could bolster our economy. That dude knows how to make cash.

I voted for Ted Nugent because we need to have tight gun control laws in this country while not compromising anyone's 2nd amendment rights. If anyone knows the importance of guns and who should and should not have guns, it is him.

I voted for the Micro Machines man so as to protect freedom of speech. That guy can talk like no one else and will do everything he can to help us all talk as well. I voted for Mr. Rogers because we need to have solid Foreign Relations - and who is more neighborly than him?

I voted for Walt Disney to end the bickering and unhappiness in this country. The guy invented the happiest place on earth for crying out loud! I also voted for the CEO of e-harmony so he could marry off all my friends that are pushing 30 and still single. I mean, come on guys.

I hope that helps everyone make an educated decision. If you have any questions, just let me know. I am happy to help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you!