2.13.2009

ChansonS du Jour

Hello again from the Big D. Anonymous, it's like you read my mind! We "song people" must be on the same wavelength. Today we are going to pay homage to our roots...both mine and the mister's. Although he would never admit it himself, Mr. Jensen is quite the fan of the good old country music. Not the "poppish" stuff of today, but the classics. I do believe he has not posted any of this great music in order to avoid the vigorously supportive response (and possible teasing) he would get from Anonymous (perhaps with an "I told you so" or "what on earth have you been waiting for?" thrown into the mix).

But on to business...today we have a three-way tie for the Chanson du Jour. First and foremost...let's hear from your favorite and mine...Mr. George Strait!!

#1


What else can I say about this song? It combines my love of the great state of Texas, my love of the totally awesome George Strait, and my past history (according to my spousal unit). (Please ignore the appalling misspelling of his first name in the video title. I had no control over that!)

A close follow-up to this song (though it is so hard to choose one because there are just so many good ones) is the following:



This song has always been one of my favorites and I love when he uses it to introduce his band at his concerts!

Our second Chanson du Jour artist (I just had to do more than one since I have limited time to get these on here before the paterfamilias comes back) is Mr. Alan Jackson. Unfortunately, his video can't be embedded here but please Click Here to enjoy "Little Bitty."

Finally, we have none other than the greatness that is Alabama.



As you may or may not have noticed, this song has yet another subtle tribute to the great state that is Texas. I'm thinking the video and audio are not from the same event, but this video was much more entertaining than the one that has the stationary Alabama album cover on the screen for the entire song.

Well, I'm spent. Who knows what great songs will make their way to the blog tomorrow? I'm sure you all (all three of our readers, that is) are waiting with abated breath to find out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My message is to the sweet, not bitter; kind, not harsh; loving, not cranky; anti-Kevin of the anti-blog. These postings today were beautiful music. Is there anything finer that the sound of twin fiddles and a steel guitar? I submit there is not!

We all send our love and best wishes as you deal with your occasionally itty-bitty brained husband. As you chase your itty-bitty obediant dog and prepare for the itty-bitty miracle about to come and live with you.

Thanks again for the great posting.