2.27.2009

Chanson du Jour

$20 for anyone that "reads" this whole post. We are going to have a certifiable grab bag of Scottish bands on this the second to last day of Scotland week. I have big plans for tomorrow's song (my second favorite band from Scotland - I will let you think about it) so today we are going to, as Anonymous would say, exploooooore. Here are some songs that didn't make earlier posts, songs you maybe have never heard, and bands you have never heard of. But, it's all Scottish.

Average White Band - Pick Up The Pieces (way too long of a song, but a good one)


Dogs Die In Hot Cars - I Love You 'Cause I Have To


Wet Wet Wet - Love Is All Around


Sensational Alex Harvey Band - Faith Healer (if you watch none of the others, watch this one - it will be well worth your time, I promise)


Teenage Fanclub - Sparky's Dream

Franz Ferdinand - Ulysses (I recommended this song to Cami and she was a little gunshy because of the line "Come on lets get high", but she didn't realize that Ulysses is a hot-air balloon operator, not a druggie)


The Proclaimers - I'm On My Way


The Proclaimers - I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)


Trash Can Sinatras - Weightlifting


The Delgados - Coming In From The Cold


Big Country - In A Big Country


The Vaselines - Son Of A Gun


You get the point. I could go on and on but I think 12 songs is quite enough of a drubbing over the head. In case you were wondering, I don't LOVE all these songs, but I do like them. The only 2 I don't really like are the Wet Wet Wet song and the Teenage Fanclub song but those two bands are so big, I had to include them. See ya tomorrow when I play a couple songs by........

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

I did it, I did it! I read the whole thing. I'll expect my check to be in the mail postmarked no later than tomorrow :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks to an extremely slow day on the phones I listened to every second of every song--so as my payback I will feel free to comment on each of them:

AWB: good song 5 minutes too long
DOGS DIE IN HOT CARS: Best name of a group but the song is weak cheese.
WET WET WET: Bad, bad , bad
ALEX HARVEY: that was a huge lie you put on me, it was not worth my effort.
PROCLAIMERS: some of the best songs ever
TRASH CAN SINATRAS: a close second for best band name and an ok song but a little boring.
DELGADOS: depressing song, depressing video. I had to walk outside and feel the sunshine on my face after listening to that.
BIG COUNTRY: nutty video, nutty song. alright we get it, you got 4 wheelers and scuba lessons for Christmas and wanted to show them off.
VASELINES: a new version of A Mighty Wind

Now I'm done!