2.18.2009

Chanson du Jour

The results of the independent study are in. My wife is a better blog-operator than me (even though this is my blog). Not only is she funnier, better looking, smarter, less abrasive, more tactful, easier to get along with, and has a better general disposition, apparently she also has better taste in music. As I am off to Chicago tomorrow for an interview, she will be in charge of the blog for the next two days. I hope she can keep up the momentum I have created.

But, because updating the blog was a little too easy during my trip to Cleveland, I am setting parameters to test how good she truly is at running, what has been called in many magazines and trade shows, "the most pointless blog to ever be conceived by man". She has two options: 1. Wimp out and not abide by the parameters or 2. Bring her game up a notch. We will shortly see if she is for real or if she is what the kids in The Sandlot would call "a can't-hack-it".

Here is the game. Today, I am kicking off a themed week. We are going to be celebrating bands from Scotland (this is just a cheap way of guaranteeing U2 does not make the blog while I'm gone. Come to find out Ireland is not Scotland). So, for the next week or so, the song of the day can only be bands from Scotland. Aha! Let's see how she does. Here is my first effort. These guys were voted on and rated the best band of all time from Scotland, and I would have to agree (emphasis mine). They are one of my favorites and definitely my favorite from Scotland. Enjoy a few ditties from Belle & Sebastian.

Funny Little Frog


I'm A Cuckoo


This song has been posted on the blog before, but the video is funny and it is one of my favorite B&S songs. The Blues Are Still Blue


You're up Kip.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff on Belle and Sebastian. Unfortunately you may have just exhausted the list of good music from Scotland and the first posting from your assistant will be "Oh Johnny Boy" played on the Bagpipes!

the hadzic clan said...

hey anonymous!

have you forgotten about the bay city rollers?

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y ...NIGHT!!!

i'm just hoping for some proclaimers or big country, myself.

kim

the hadzic clan said...

oh yeah, and franz ferdinand (not the assassinated one)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, i blog, we asked that Franz Ferdinand to be on the blog and the Austrians gave us a very dirty look.