2.05.2009

Chanson du Jour

Once again for the chanson du jour, we go down to Australia. This time we are favored to hear from The Cat Empire. Enjoy No Longer There. This song is really, really slow for this band, but is good nonetheless. Most of their songs are quite upbeat, almost ska-ish. For a good taste of their faster songs, I would recommend, Sly, The Car Song, Protons Neutrons and Electrons, and In My Pocket.


And just to tick off Anonymous, and please the French-speaking crowd (1 person I believe), here is The Cat Empire singing L'Hotel de Californie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hip hip hooray for Cat Power. First it looks like they filmed a video at White Sands NM ( a great place) and I liked the song. And second they chose a great Eagles Song to play and even in french it is fabulous. Two big thumbs up for Cat Power. Nice choice of songs du juor.

the hadzic clan said...

nice. or should i say "que le chanteur est chaude" ! what is it with aussie bands doing videos in arid places? was up all night with vomiting kids and piles of laundry (see what you have to look forward too!) and was perusing your older posts. then i stumbled across chad vader's version of chocolate rain - check it out if you haven't yet. too funny.

Kevin and Camille Jensen said...

The Cat EMPIRE, Anonymous. Cat EMPIRE. Very different from Cat Power. Nevertheless, glad you enjoyed the tunes, even though I was trying to spite you with an Eagles cover. I blog, I am guessing it is the Outback that attracts Aussies to arid places. Will definitely check out the chad vader version. I look forward to late nights fiddling on the internet with crazy kid stuff. I can't wait. Now, having that with medical board exams may not be too exciting.