2.16.2009

Chanson du Jour

I must say a few things before we get into today's song. First, I promise to never let a hostile takeover of this blog happen again. I mean country music is the worst it got this time, but next time the offender is threatening to escalate (i.e. U2, Eagles, and dare I say...Tim McGraw). I just can't allow such wrongdoings to my loyal reader. Second, Cleveland was nice. Thanks for asking. But, it is good to be back with internet that is not from 1984 and on a Mac.

Now, let's get down to bidness. Today's artist is widely considered to be a "pop star" so it is understandably strange that I like her music. But, I just can't help it. Red flag #2 against this lady is that she just cleaned up at the Grammy's a couple of nights ago. That right there is grounds for removal from my Ipod. But, despite everything I know about her, I still like the music. Don't ask me why. So, indulge me here folks. Enjoy Chasing Pavements by Adele

4 comments:

jenfra said...

That's it...I'm done...I thought I could handle any amount of your schizophrenic music taste...no more....horrible Adele is where you cross the line...Chasing Pavement....Are you kidding!!!???? This is jenfra signing off until better music appears on the blog....

Anonymous said...

That video was hilarious. I have never heard of Adele, but that song was great. It will definitely be added to my itunes library. (ooohh, march is coming quickly!)

the hadzic clan said...

so explain how you are a closet sarah maclachlan fan but you openly admit to liking this tripe?

true story: first time i heard this song we were in barnes and noble when they were playing it, thought the words were "should i give up or keep on chasing penguins".

bet you'll never hear this song the same way, now!

Kevin and Camille Jensen said...

Oh my. Oh my. Have I hit a nerve or what. Well, I apologize that everyone seems to hate Adele. I will grant that Chasing Pavements is not her best song. Have y'all heard her other stuff? It is actually quite good. Chasing Pavements is the only song with a video. But, I am glad everyone is getting their pent up aggression out on this song. I, however, can make no apologies for my "schizophrenic" appreciation of "horrible" and "hilarious" "tripe", because it is what it is. But, I will try in earnest to get better stuff on the blog. I can't afford to lose 33% of my readers if Jenfra leaves. I would lose my part of the stimulus bill.