12.23.2008

Chanson du Jour

As promised, some 90s grunge. When I was a wee lad, I was too poor and immobile to buy music. At about 14 or 15, when I earned a little cash for myself, I entered the awesome world of buying music. My first purchase was 4 cds: Four by Blues Traveler, the Batman Forever soundtrack, Throwing Copper by Live, and Vitalogy by Pearl Jam. I have selected a Pearl Jam song, Not For You, to play for you. It was my favorite song off Vitalogy. This is Pearl Jam rehearsing for SNL in 1994.

PS - I love Mike McCready's getup (Teva sandals and shorts and windsuit jacket).
PSS - Next time you talk to Cami, ask her about my awesome Eddie Vedder (lead singer) impersonation. It could win awards. If you are lucky, maybe someday I will do it for you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you for posting that song, because I actually thought I didn't like any Pearl Jam songs. THat wasn't half bad. Kind of a "Doors" feel to it.

I am on pins and needles waiting for the day to see your impression.

Kevin and Camille Jensen said...

Que sorpresa!

the hadzic clan said...

thanks for the flashback. and good choices of cd's there. sure hope you eventually added "temple of the dog" (a side project of pearl jam and soundgarden members) to that list. as for the soundtrack choice? i would have went with the "singles" soundtrack myself.

Kevin and Camille Jensen said...

Both good recommendations. I was just barely getting interested in music then. It has definitely snowballed and I did have the Temple of the Dog stuff as well as the Singles soundtrack.