7.01.2009

Chanson du Jour

I have been looking forward to today for a while. Not because Kid A is my favorite Radiohead album (actually, unlike jenfra, it is the one I know the least), but because today is going to be such a THRASHING for Anonymous. Kid A is arguably Radiohead's "weirdest" album. It won a Grammy for best Alternative album and was nominated for Album of the Year, and was the only Radiohead album to debut at #1 in America and it went platinum in 1 week in the UK, but I think that is because of the greatness of OK Computer and NOT because this album is so great. That is just my opinion, though. Some people, critics and fans, call Kid A Radiohead's greatest album and some think Radiohead was intentionally trying to commit commercial suicide with this album. I fall somewhere in the middle. It is not my favorite, but I do like it...a lot.

Regardless, today's selections are going to push Anonymous over the edge. I bet he doesn't make it through these beatings songs. Cami is going to really have to bail him out today. But, here are my favorite songs off Radiohead's fourth album, Kid A.

**WARNING** Today, I was very indecisive (too much greatness to narrow it down), so I would definitely recommend getting these videos playing, and move on to something else and use these songs as internet browsing background music. You won't regret it. But, it may be worth everyone's time, even you Anonymous, to watch Thom Yorke spazz out dance at the end of Idioteque.

How To Disappear Completely (my favorite song on the album)


Idioteque


Morning Bell


Motion Picture Soundtrack (tied for my favorite song on the album)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

after reading Kevin's syrupy comments and listening to the songs themselves, the caustic, harsh, cutting, yet funny, comments that i could make are just too easy. so I will refrain and hope all of you headies out there enjoy the week. In the meantime I will be watching reruns of Jeopardy hoping to get the final Jeopardy questions right this time.

Kevin and Camille Jensen said...

I'll make it up to you next week Anonymous. I have something fancy cooking. I think you will enjoy it. In fact, you are the inspiration for it.

jenfra said...

good choices....loving the radiohead.

Kevin and Camille Jensen said...

Thanks, jenfra