7.31.2009

Chanson du Jour

Sorry about the lack of video for today, but I really like this song for some reason. Maybe because it accurately portrays my gloomy mood as I head into a weekend full of...studying!!! Does anyone else find it interesting that the first proto-oncogene ever discovered was the Src gene, found in chickens, which is a tyrosine kinase? Why does phosphorylating a tyrosine amino acid cause a mutation that speeds up cell proliferation (or does it inhibit apoptosis? - I can never remember that)? I have more powerpoints to go over. I will get back to you on that one. I still have no idea what my professors are talking about.

Black Tables by Other Lives

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that certainly was a brooding and haunting little sing. Not too bad if one was in the right mood. otherwise it is a kick to the tyrosine kinase.

the hadzic clan said...

don't know which would put me to sleep faster, the song or the lecture?