7.09.2009

Chanson du Jour

Unfortunately, each stake dance included a country line dance. Usually one of these two songs...

Boot Scootin' Boogie by Brooks and Dunn

Any Man Of Mine by Shania Twain

Sorry for the country music, liberal menace. It is as hard for me to post as it is for you to listen to. When these songs came on, I would, fully knowing the proper way to line dance, either grab a chair and sit in the middle of the line dancing monkeys (which drew the immediate ire of the old man) or try and walk through the line dance without touching anyone (tricky because you have to anticipate the dancers' moves). But, I was less than enthused when the DJ Extraordinaire decided to play these songs.

But, this one I participated in...and I pretty much felt like this video looks.

Cotton-Eyed Joe by Rednex

3 comments:

the hadzic clan said...

if you're gonna post country, at least choose good country (patsy cline, johnny cash, dwight yoakam for starters)

Anonymous said...

Dear Kevin, If you are going to claim to be a Texan, then whenever The Cotton Eyed Joe, Billy Bob's, Line Dancing, Bluebonnets or THE Cowboys are spoken of it must be in reverent tones.

By the way I think the cotton eyed hick borrowed some of your clothes you used to wear to the dances. (thank heavens for Cami's influence in your life now)

and to LM: Welcome to the 90's!

Kevin and Camille Jensen said...

I know, liberal menace. Posting this did not please me one bit. But, like I said before, good music does not always equate with good DANCE music. And this week is dance music week. Unfortunately. Anonymous, I will never claim to be a Texan, so I can say whatever I want about anything in Texas. I thought his clothes were pretty sweet.