3.31.2009

Chanson du Jour

We will continue with what I am calling "Extreme Weird Song" week. Now, you might be saying to yourself that all the garbage I post as a song of the day is weird. Well, I will have you know that I don't consider the music I listen to weird. I actually think most of it is pretty catchy and can't fathom why others don't love it just as much as I do. But, there is some stuff that even I admit is weird, although I still really like it. The Flaming Lips is one of those bands. Very weird. But I like them. What can I say?

Let's add Ween to the list of weird groups that I like. If the name of the two band members, Gene and Dean Ween, doesn't make you smile, this song will surely make you smile. Dancing In The Show Tonight by Ween. Sorry about the quality of the video and the sound, but I think it is worth fighting through.

In case you can't hear the lyrics:
Are my lemons tied? Is my hair in place?
Have I got a cute expression on my face?
Are my shoes all shined?
I try to keep in line when I'm dancing in the show tonight

Does my shuffle step really look so good?
Am I doing it the way you think I should?
Would it be amiss if I blew a kiss
When I'm dancing in the show tonight?

Showtime now is getting nearer and I'm getting scared
Wish I could see in the mirror if I'm all prepared

First you take a step then you point your toe
Hope I know it like I did a week ago
Am I standing straight?
I can hardly wait till I'm dancing in the show tonight

Showtime now is getting nearer and I'm getting scared
Wish I could see in the mirror if I'm all prepared

First you take a step then you point your toe
Hope I know it like I did a week ago
Am I standing straight?
I can hardly wait till I'm dancing in the show tonight

If you want to hear the album version of the song and can sit through some weird video of kids doing weird stuff, click here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I heard that song before on Pee Wee's Playhouse on saturday morning. Not really, but that's where it belongs.