10.15.2008

Chanson du Jour

I often get asked, because my taste in music is uncommon, what bands I like. On the top of that list is always Pavement. After I respond that way, Cami makes fun of me and the person admits they have never heard of "my favorite band". So, I will introduce you to Pavement.

Wikipedia says (so you know it has to be true):
"Pavement was an American indie rock band in the 1990s. Although they experienced only moderate commercial success, they achieved a significant cult following, and their music has been a major influence on many bands of the late 1990s and beyond.

Hailed by some as the quintessential American indie band, they are often considered one of the first American modern rock bands to achieve a degree of success without the support of a major label".

This is by no means their best song (or their best video), but it is slightly catchy.


I hope you liked the video, especially when Bob Nastanovich tries to drink the barbicide.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The haircut song wasn't all that bad! I guess that makes me a part of the "cult following" that is the Pavement fan. Bring on the koolaid.