4.23.2009

My Bad

So, AK and I went grocery shopping at the local Target the other day to give Cami a little break to sleep (read: do work). Everything was going famously: we got the squeaky cart, I have no idea where anything is in Target (don't usually grocery shop there), etc. We were having a dandy little time and then the time came to check out, pay, and go home. That is when I learned a very important lesson.

As I was getting ready to leave, the cashier noticed I had a youngen with me and made a comment. To which I said "Yeah I have babysitting duty this afternoon". BIG MISTAKE. The lady behind me, checking out with her 10ish year old daughter looked at me in the eye and said with a snarky tone "I got news for you. If you're the father, it's not called babysitting. It's called being a father." Whoa! Bitter much? My bad. I was joking. She was not. So, lesson learned. I can never babysit my own child. I can only father her. Well, at least according to the sassafras behind me at Target.

But, the best thing about this encounter was that she handed me a baby care pamphlet to help me be a good babysitter father. Here are some of the highlights from this instruction manual.

So, we were having trouble with the pictures from "the manual". Click Here for the hilarity.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

just think of the comments you will get the first time you beat your kids in public.

The Tait Family said...

that lady behind you was right...FATHER!!! I think that is so cute you ventured out with AK all by yourself. How fun! Did she behave?

Kevin and Camille Jensen said...

If she keeps behaving this well, it will be a while before I am forced to beat her in public. Tait Family, I venture out with AK all the time. We have been to the mall, grocery shopping, running misc errands, etc. We love going off for a while so mom can work or sleep. I do get some funny looks though. I was thinking the baby would be a chick magnet, but it just causes confusion. Oh well. She always behaves. She loves her carseat.

the hadzic clan said...

i wonder what kind of response i would get if i said that. will have to try and get back with you.

love the parenting "tips". and to think i'd been doing it wrong all these years.