4.11.2009

Chanson du Jour

For Anonymous

Everyday People by Sly & The Family Stone

Here is a great video clip, but has the n-word. If that offends you, do not click. If not, enjoy Hot Fun In The Summertime and Don't Call Me N-, Whitey by Sly & The Family Stone

If You Leave Me Now by Chicago


The Locomotion by Grand Funk Railroad

I never knew the lead singer was a professional wrestler...

A Horse With No Name by America


For i blog, though she has been noticeably absent this week

Many critics, music people, musicians, and common people (like i blog) agree that The Rise And Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars by Mr. Bowie is the greatest album of all time. Here is a cut from that 1972 album. Starman by David Bowie.

While I am not too sure it is my favorite album of all time, this is a great album, I will admit that. Genius

For everyone (but me)

Hotel California by Eagles


And for good measure, Already Gone by Eagles

Just a factoid for you Eagles fans, the name of the group, as far as I can tell, is Eagles not The Eagles. Apparently, according to Steve Martin's autobiography and wikipedia, Glenn Frey was adamant that the word "the" not be in the name of the band. Huh.

For me (and Anonymous, I'm guessing)

Pencil Thin Mustache by Jimmy Buffett

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the extended journey into the 70's. That was great!