4.14.2009

Another Fun Day At TMS

In the great tradition of my father, I have gotten really into Nascar lately. I always made fun of him for liking Nascar, but he remained strong. I have since realized that there is nothing more enjoyable than packing up my family and 38 of my closest redneck friends and driving in my truck and fifth wheel to a Nascar event. Traffic, heat, loud noises, watching cars just drive around in circles really fast, drunks, sweat, warm milk for the victor, angry losers, holding grudges...I mean this sport has everything.

So, when Nascar came to the Texas Motor Speedway (TMS) the other day, Cami and I couldn't pass it up. We were lucky enough to find a fellow Republican, I mean Nascar fan, to get a picture of me enjoying the race. Unfortunately, Jr. didn't win. That sissy girl Jeff Gordon won. Let's slash his tires.

Cami, sitting on my right, was at the concession stand when this picture was taken. The husband of the woman on my left took the picture. When Cami came back, we wanted to take another picture, but Cami didn't want to be in the picture. I have no idea why. We will have to ask her. Thanks to my friend for doing me a solid with the shaving. Cami wouldn't do that either.

2 comments:

jenfra said...

I think I am going to be sick....and I am already sick....ew gross.

Anonymous said...

NASCAR fans are some of the nicest people ever!. They would give you the shirt off their back (or some of the fur in this case)
Don't knock it until you have been there. The sights, sounds and smells of a race are all intoxicating.