9.17.2009

Chanson du Jour

There is joy in my heart today. Why? Because I did a good deed. And not just any good deed. A good deed for an underappreciated, underpaid, public servant. Cami and I were taking a late night jaunt up to Green Acres tonight to pick up the babe, when we saw a public servant sitting along the side of the road. This particular road, as with many of the roads up thar in them there boonies, has no street lights. So, it was dark, late, there were no other cars on the road, and there was no one for this public servant to talk to. So, I took it upon myself to spread some happiness to him and conversate for a while.

Well, sure enough he followed me, showed me his lights, and even came up to my car. I could tell that this was going to develop into a quick friendship. He was so eager to be my friend and he was so excited that someone was willing to talk to him. It really made me feel like all the effort I was going through was truly worth it. He got my name and address, license plate number, driver's license number, and my insurance information. I got his number and the number where I can reach an "honorable" man. What a nice guy he was.

But, he is turning out to be a kinda high maintenance friend. Right off the bat he asked me for money. I was not down with that. So, I don't know if I am going to call him. But, I dedicate today's song to my new sorta friend. But, whether this turns into a lasting, meaningful relationship or not, I can still feel good that I did a public service for a public servant. And that will help me sleep tonight (that and I have been up for over 19 hours). Good night, officer. Good night, y'all.

Dear Constable by Harrisons

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the constable enjoyed your friendly banter and witty words. Behind those mirrored sunglasses (even at night) he was smiling. Or maybe it was the thought of rapping on your head with his baton if you made one more smart mouth comment that really brought the smile to his face.

Chelsea said...

hahaha, I couldn't be laughing so hard if i hadn't been in that exact situation so many times. When you go to the Prosper Municipal Court House, if you listen carefully, you'll hear the whistling goodness of the Andy Griffeth show. Hats off to Prosper's finest!