9.07.2009

Chanson du Jour

This week we are going to have a little fun. I have noticed something strange about my musical taste (and it is something you may have noticed as well). I have noticed that it does not follow any predictable trend. Sometimes I like songs that one would think I shouldn't like and sometimes I don't like songs that one would think I should like. It is this latter group that we will talk about this week.

All us music lovers have had this happen to us. We learn about a new group/singer/song that is supposedly comparable to a group/singer/song that we really like. We get all excited. We go listen that that group/singer/song and something tragic happens. It stinks. We don't like it at all. It is nothing like the group/singer/song that we like. We have no idea where this comparison came from and we don't appreciate it. But, it seems that every article we read, every critique we read, and every other thing written about this new group/singer/song compares them to a genre of music that we like. But, for some odd reason, we just don't like it. It is unexplainable, but true.

This week, I will play for you some songs from that category for me. Songs that, by all accounts, I should like, but just can't get into. Enjoy.

Based on who they tour with, who their influences are, and who thinks they are an awesome band (The Strokes went on and on about how awesome this band is, and I love The Strokes), I should be a huge fan of the band Kings of Leon. But, I would rather watch Walker, Texas Ranger all day than listen to one of their songs. I can't explain it. It's just a fact.

Please don't enjoy Use Somebody by Kings of Leon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What channel is Walker, Texas Ranger on????

Alex has tried to convince me of the greatness of KOL. Don't feel it though. Kind of like RH.

Kevin and Camille Jensen said...

Next time you compare KOL to Radiohead, I will turn this blog private and not invite you. Neener Neener

the hadzic clan said...

what they hey!?! big budget "concept" (using that term loosely for this one) videos do NOT belong on the anti-blog! if i wanted to watch those, i'd tune in to VH-1 (since MTV hasn't played an actual music video since 1993).

Kevin and Camille Jensen said...

I apologize for the inconvenience, liberal menace. Add that to the list of reasons that I don't like Kings of Leon. Oh and on a side note...VH1 forever!

Anonymous said...

radiohead???!!! I love radiohead! I meant Red Hot chile peppers. Don't ban me from the best blog ever.