12.03.2009

Chanson du Jour

Today we are having a new contest. I will play 3 songs by Rachael Yamagata with different styles. Tell us which one you like the best...

Fast, Poppy Rachael Yamagata
Worn Me Down


Slowly Crescendoing Rachael Yamagata
Elephants

Or Pared Down Piano Playing Rachael Yamagata
The Reason Why


Clearly, the poppy one is my least favorite and Elephants is by far my favorite (probably my favorite song out of all of her songs), but what do I know. Oh wait, I have impeccable taste. So, I guess I just gave the answer. Oops.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She doesn't seem like a happy person. So her slow songs like elephant and reason why are more true to her personality and are nice. The poppy song appears to be an attempt at upbeat pop but is kind of contrived.

the hadzic clan said...

will have to check out her other stuff. these were okay, but not great.